Akshaya Shetty in an interview, reveals how she was rejected multiple times for multiples roles before being given an opportunity to prove what she was made of. It is unspoken but it was obvious that the colour of her skin was what caused the rejections. These atrocities are honestly appalling in this day and age.
Her big break finally came with ALTBalaji’s original series Helllo Jee, a social thriller in which she plays the character of a young woman, Sonal, who is obsessed with her complexion and looks and believes that being light skinned is the equivalent of being attractive.
This role proved to be perfect for her and finally gives her a well-deserved moment in the spotlight. This is probably one of those few scattered moments in the industry where dusky skinned women are actually recognised, and a stepping stone in uplifting people of all skin types.
“I am truly proud to be a part of ALTBalaji’s Helllo Jee. It is so nice that ALTBalaji is making an effort to break norms and be accommodative of all skin types. It opens so many doors to so many talented men and women out there” – Akshaya Shetty, Actress.
Directed by Shahnawaz Sabir Khan, the cast includes Nyra Banerjee, Mrinalini Tyagi, Akshaya Shetty, Dipali Sharma, Nitin Rao, Rahul Verma, Kashish Rai, Mishthi Tyagi, and many more.
- “Go out, break shackles, live life, and be the change you always wanted to see!” says Gracy Singh aka Santoshi Maa in & TV’s Santoshi Maa Sunaye Vrat Kathayein
- ALTBalaji ‘The Married Woman’
- After working with Chris Hemsworth in Hollywood Movie ‘Extraction’ – Rudhraksh Jaiswal is back on the small screen with his upcoming TV show ‘Rudrakaal’
- ‘Asian Paints Where The Heart Is’ Season 4 kicks-off with Music Maestro Shankar Mahadevan’s Sprawling Holiday Home
- KATRINA KAIF IS ALL SET TO WELCOME SUMMERS ON THE BEACH WITH A BOTTLE OF SLICE® SIZZLES IN EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS AND VIDEO