SIIMA, the Biggest and the most viewed South Indian Film Awards is back with its Seventh Edition to be held in Dubai on 14th & 15th September. India’s leading fashion retail chain Pantaloons is roped in as the Title Sponsor for SIIMA 2018.
SIIMA Awards 2018, Dubai
Pantaloons, a division of Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd. is India’s Favourite Family Fashion Destination. Pantaloons has over 284 stores across 132+ towns and cities in the country. The brand has total 69 stores in south which includes Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana & Kerala. With continued focus on catering to varied apparel and non-apparel needs of Indian consumers in a modern retail environment, Pantaloons has emerged as a strong brand in the fashion industry over the past two decades and is making fashion accessible across the length and breadth of the country.
Rana Daggubati, Pranitha, Shanvi Srivatsava, Pragya Jaiswal, Shubra Aiyappa, Ms. Adusumilli Brinda Prasad – Chairperson SIIMA and Mr. Gaurav Chakravarty, Head Marketing & Loyalty – Pantaloons were present at the event.
Speaking on the Association with Pantaloons, Ms. Adusumilli Brinda Prasad Chairperson SIIMA said, “Fashion and Films go hand in hand and especially in South India fans try to imitate the styles of their favorite stars. We are happy to have Pantaloons as our title sponsor as well as styling partner for SIIMA 2018.”
Mr. Gaurav Chakravarty, Head Marketing & Loyalty, Pantaloons said, “Pantaloons, India’s leading family fashion destination and one of the fastest growing fashion retailers in South India. We are excited to partner with the 7th edition of SIIMA, a platform that globally recognizes the talent and work produced by our South India Cinema. This partnership brings together the best of fashion and the best of the film fraternity on the same platform. We are confident that this association will help us develop a deeper connect with our consumers in South India.”
This festive season, Pantaloons will have ensembles that will style you for every occasion throughout the season – be it an office party, a movie with friends, family reunions or just a casual day shopping. Its offering ranges from maxi dresses to ghera skirts, fusion tops to asymmetrical kurtas, long length tees to fashionable denim, smart chinos to printed shirts and lots more.
Along with Pantaloons SIIMA association announcement, this year too SIIMA continues the legacy of Hosting Short Film Awards to promote young film makers.
Over the last two years, more and more aspiring film makers are taking to internet to show their talent and we have observed a trend of short film makers becoming highly successful film makers. We at SIIMA would like to take this opportunity of tapping the right talent at the right time and provide them a platform where the world will recognize them.
Talking about SIIMA Short Film Awards, Adusumilli Brinda Prasad Chairperson SIIMA said, “SIIMA Short Film Awards is an initiative taken by SIIMA to bring out the talent of young film makers who are set to change the dynamics of film making with their fresh thoughts and techniques”.
The evolution of multiple streaming platforms is widening the market space for good filmmakers.
SIIMA Short Film Awards Process:
- SIIMA curate’s short films made by young and aspiring film makers in the four South Indian languages in the year 2017 and uploaded it on various social platforms on internet.
- Based on the views and analyzing reactions of viewers, the nominees were be finalized.
- Nominations in each category are put in front of Jury which will select the winner in each category.
SIIMA Short Film Awards winners are
- Best Short Film – BANDAM REGAD (NISHANK REDDY & SANTOSH MOTHKURI)
- Best Director – PRABHALA NITHIN (KALAKARUDU)
- Best Actor – YUVA CHANDRA (BANDAM REGAD)
- Best Actress – KALPIKA GANESH (MALLI KALUDAM)
- Best Supporting Actor – VINOD VARMA (GOD MUST BE CRAZY)
- Best Supporting Actress – SHANTI RAO (AYUDHAM)
- Best Music – MARK ROBIN (MALLI KALUDAM)
- Best Short Film – KAAJI (SATISH NEENASAM)
- Best Director – MAYURA RAGHAVENDRA (RISHABA PRIYA)
- Best Actor – SHRI MAHADEV (RISHABA PRIYA)
- Best Actress – HITA CHANDRASHEKAR (KAAJI)
- Best Supporting Actor – B SURESHA (MUNDINA BADALAVANE)
- Best Supporting Actress – SEETHA KOTE (I AM 30)
- Best Music – CHANRAN RAJ & NAKUL ABHAYANKAR (RISHABA PRIYA