Akshaya Shetty in an interview, reveals how she was rejected multiple times for multiples roles before being given an opportunity to prove what she was made of. It is unspoken but it was obvious that the colour of her skin was what caused the rejections. These atrocities are honestly appalling in this day and age.
Her big break finally came with ALTBalaji’s original series Helllo Jee, a social thriller in which she plays the character of a young woman, Sonal, who is obsessed with her complexion and looks and believes that being light skinned is the equivalent of being attractive.
This role proved to be perfect for her and finally gives her a well-deserved moment in the spotlight. This is probably one of those few scattered moments in the industry where dusky skinned women are actually recognised, and a stepping stone in uplifting people of all skin types.
“I am truly proud to be a part of ALTBalaji’s Helllo Jee. It is so nice that ALTBalaji is making an effort to break norms and be accommodative of all skin types. It opens so many doors to so many talented men and women out there” – Akshaya Shetty, Actress.
Directed by Shahnawaz Sabir Khan, the cast includes Nyra Banerjee, Mrinalini Tyagi, Akshaya Shetty, Dipali Sharma, Nitin Rao, Rahul Verma, Kashish Rai, Mishthi Tyagi, and many more.
- Tamannaah Bhatia at Cannes 2022 Is Making her Red-Carpet Debut
- Love in Ukraine Grand Trailer Launch starring Vipin Kaushik
- Sara Ali Khan has a mind-blowing idea of minting money on ‘The Khatra Khatra Show’
- Tamannaah Bhatia in Sky Blue Leather Dress – Fashion Icon Tamannaah Bhatia Impresses Fashion Experts With Her Bodycon Dress
- Shilpa Shetty As First Female Cop in Rohit Shetty’s cop universe* for his OTT debut