One of the most glamorous beauty events to watch out for in the country, the ELLE Beauty Awards 2019 recently successfully completed thirteen years.
This time, as always, the b was fêted in style at Taj Lands End, Mumbai, in association with ELLE watches, ECOVERO TM and, VEOCEL TM – from Lenzing Group.
This was an event that witnessed the coming together of the finest in Bollywood, beauty, and fashion.
Table of Contents
Celebrities Who Walked the Red Carpet at Elle Beauty Awards 2019
The ELLE Beauty Awards, 2019 was a star-studded affair. Guests included Kareena Kapoor Khan, Ranveer Singh, Anushka Sharma, Manushi Chillar, Ananya Panday, Jhanvi Kapoor, Sobhita Dhulipala, Namrata Purohit, Mithila Palkar and Shriya Pilgaonkar, among others.
The stage was set for beautiful beginnings, designed wonderfully by Manasi Desai Das of Ideas Designed. And the entries were far-ranging; each exceptional in its own way.
There were over 650 entries from 130 brands, spread across 29 product categories. Every category also came with the much-awaited Editor’s Pick award, chosen by 46 international ELLE editors and an expert jury.
If that wasn’t all, there was also a Popular Choice award, a decision arrived at by conducting an online vote by readers and our digital community.
French beauty brand Clarins won Brand Of The Year, followed by Dior. In a rare occurrence, two leading beauty brands – Innisfree and Moroccan oil – tied for third place.
Better still, experts across the fields of skincare, hairstyling and fitness were honoured for their significant contributions each, to the industry.
The trophies were all customized and designed flawlessly by Klove, a revolutionary design brand that was also responsible for crafting an extraordinary celebrity photo booth for the event, complete with a 125kg stainless steel horse carefully placed inside. Suffice to say that the event was nothing short of spectacular.
What Kareena Kapoor Has to Say
Taking the conversation about beauty further, the iconic Kareena Kapoor Khan said,
“Beauty, I believe lies in one shape and that is the shape of a heart and I’m all heart, that is the story of my life. Not using my head but only using my heart and obviously yes a little bit of confidence, not over confidence just the right amount”.Kareena Kapoor Khan, Actress
Supriya Dravid, the Editor of Elle India Comment
Speaking about this momentous occasion, Supriya Dravid, the Editor of Elle India, said,
“At ELLE, we are big believers in pushing the envelope. It’s about navigating 25 hours’ days to open up the universe to the kind of stories we want to read, that will unsettle you, and in equal measure – inspire you. The stories we publish, especially, the icons and everyday heroes that we chase, the conversations we steer, especially in the time in which we live is not something that we direct to a small group. It’s not about frocks or riding the crest of a wave, it’s about establishing our place on the right side of history – through all our endeavours –from collaborating with UN Environment Programme through fashion, to finding the torchbearers in the business of beauty. In our 13th year at the beauty awards, I am thrilled to see all those who have come together to celebrate with us. After all, beauty is really about strength. Beauty is showing up when you said you would, despite the odds stacked against you. So thank you so much for coming together and I hope you have fun tonight.”Supriya Dravid, the Editor of Elle India
Winners of the ELLE Beauty Awards 2019
Expert Award Winners:
- Make-up artist Rising star: Mitesh Rajani
- Best Fitness Expert: Radhika Karle
- Best Beauty Blogger of the Year: Malvika Sitlani
- Best hair Expert: Yianni Tsapatori
- ELLE Icon: Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Be More ELLE: Ranveer Singh
- ELLE Impact: Anushka Sharma
- Flawless Beauty: Manushi Chhillar
- ELLE Rising Star: Ananya Panday
- Beauty Tastemaker of the Year: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Srushti Tawade Album BreadCrumbs – Music Sensation Launches Her First Ever Album
- Jjust Music launches its first film song Jalsa 2.0, starring Akshay Kumar and Parineeti Chopra
- The Epitome Of Strength And Beauty; Vidya Balan gets candid about her films, characters, and a lot more in Femina’s September 2023 Issue
- Dalmia Bharat Honours 162 Veteran Contractors across Eastern Region Through the ‘Aap Hain Sachche Viswakarma’ Initiative
- VitrA and Tom Dixon’s Liquid Collection Redefines Bathroom Design with Expressive Minimalism