- Paytm Money IPO now offers the ability to apply for IPOs before the actual IPO Opening in the markets
- Conventional IPO application process designed around timings and is restrictive; Feature designed to offer more flexibility to millennial and new age investors
- Users can place IPO orders 24×7 on days when the “pre-Open IPO Application” is enabled. Zomato IPO is currently live with this feature on Paytm Money
- Feature likely to help balance and distribute the load experienced by Market systems and players during IPO Open days
- Some other advanced features launched include live IPO subscription numbers, application via shareholder category, and single click applications
Mumbai, 12th July 2021: Paytm Money, one of the leading digital brokerage platforms in the country, today announced the launch of an innovative feature that allows users to apply for IPOs before the actual IPO Opening in the markets.
Paytm Money is the first digital broker in India to offer this functionality and expects this to significantly increase the participation of retail users in IPOs via its platform.
The conventional application process for IPOs was designed around timings, and till date, users are able to apply for an IPO only during select market hours over a window of 3 days.
A large proportion of the investing community does not trade actively and is likely to be busy during market hours, missing out on some of these IPOs.
Pre-IPO Open application
This is particularly true in the case of millennials and young investors. The “Pre-IPO Open application” feature was specifically designed to make the lives of such users better.
A user can now place an IPO order 24×7 on days when the “pre-Open IPO Application” Feature is enabled.
The order is recorded on Paytm Money’s system and sent to the exchange for processing whenever the IPO opens. The user is notified of her application status throughout the journey, to ensure a seamless experience.
Zomato is the first IPO on Paytm Money launched with this feature, and thousands of applicants on the platform have already placed their orders over the last 2 days.
There is also the issue of congestion in servers/networks experienced by some market participants during popular IPOs, driven by high demand during a short time span.
As this feature gains traction, it might be possible to spread out the Pre-Open IPO Applications evenly during the market hours, reducing the load on exchanges and payment gateways, and ensuring a better experience for broad market participants.
Varun Sridhar, CEO of Paytm Money said,
“Interest in IPOs has surged over the last couple of months, and we have seen cases where users have missed out from applying because of issues like tight schedules during market hours, and demand led processing delays in the markets. We wanted to make the lives of our users easier and ensure that they don’t miss out on good opportunities.”
Paytm Money has also launched a set of other advanced features in a bid to offer the most comprehensive IPO application experience to its users.
Users on Paytm Money can now complete IPO applications with a single click, apply via the shareholder category, and also track live IPO subscription numbers.
- MyFab11 comes on board as the Principal Sponsor of KKR (Kolkata Knight Riders)
- Komaki LY Pro: Powered with dual battery, dual charger
- Percept ICE conceptualizes the spectacular Friends of Norwest (FON) Party
- The Orchid Mumbai Vile Parle Opens Its Refurbished Whiskey Lounge and Bar – Merlin’s
- pTron debuts Force X12N Calling Smartwatch with crown control & peak brightness just at 1199/-