Former national player and the well known actress Prachi Tehlan, who is going to make a debut with Malayalam cinema superstar Mammootty, has an interesting story of Mamangam, the first mega budget film of her career.
Movie – Mamangam
She is playing the lead character in the film Mamangam and since the release of the first graphical trailer of the film, there has been a growing interest in the Hindi audience.
The Reason Why Anushka Shetty Refused to do Mamangam
According to a published story on Amar Ujala, a few sources reveal that makers of the film had earlier approached South’s famous actress Anushka Shetty for the female lead role.
Both of the films of Anushka‘s Bahubali series had become hits by that time and had become a well-known figure in the north region too.
However, Anushka wanted to do a light-hearted film after doing two period films, so she refused Mamangam’s offer and started shooting for her next film Silence with R. Madhavan.
How Prachi Tehlan Got The Role
On the other hand, after Anushka Shetty‘s debut, the makers of the movie Mamangam decided to launch a new face with Mammootty instead of going to another big heroine and the film’s production team came and camped in Mumbai.
Sources associated with the casting of the film Mamangam reveal that auditions for this role were given to all the actresses in Mumbai and Prachi Tehlan‘s name was final among them.
Sources also shared details of how long Prachi prepped for this role before shooting the film.Venu Kunappilli, the producer of the film Mamangam, recently held a special program for Malayalam film buffs on the film’s set, where Prachi was also specially invited.
- Ferns N Petals’ FNP Media announces release of “2 Rupay Ka Sikka,” a Glimpse of Children at Traffic Signal
- Triptii Dimri in Animal Movie: The Secret Weapon in Sandeep Reddy Vanga’s Film?
- A team of brilliant minds create COVID-19 vaccination for India against all odds! Gear up to watch The Vaccine War on Disney+ Hotstar!
- Over 9 million fans participated in “We for Virat” contest as the batting wizard scored his 50th ODI 100 during World Cup
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah Rhymes now available in Gujarati and Bhojpuri, Expands its Reach to Engage More Families