The rendition of Lata Mangeshkar’s songs resonated throughout Mumbai on Friday Night as the Falisha Entertainment organised a live concert Geet-O-Ghazal ki Sarita Hamari Lata, celebrated the 93rd birthday of late singer Lata Mangeshkar and paid tribute to her. Affectionately known as the ‘Nightingale of India’, Mangeshkar died at a private hospital in Mumbai a few months ago. She was 92.
Legendary singer Usha Mangeshar, Actor Raj Babbar, Padmini Kolhapure & Poonam Dhillon were the chief guests of the event held at Shanmukhanand Hall in Sion. Several artists, like Sudesh Bhosle, Bela Shende, Pratibha Singh Baghel, Ustad Siraj Khan and Faruq Shaikh, along with 50 musicians performed at the event while thousands of people joined the music event. “She was the voice of the nation and through her voice, she will be eternally present in our hearts,” Raj Babbar said.
“We should be proud that we are from an era in which we could see her performing. She has left behind a legacy that will stay on for centuries. Even when she is not among us, her songs will be around us in moments of happiness, love, joy and sorrow,” Shabina Shaikh, owner of Falisha Entertainment who organized Geet-O-Ghazal ki Sarita Hamari Lata event said, and called Mangeshkar the “pride of our country”.
- Ritabhari Chakraborty’s Blockbuster Bengali Film Fatafati Gearing For A Pan-India Release!
- “Comedy roles aren’t the only ones that require timing” said renowned actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui of Movie Jogira Sa Ra Ra Releasing on 26th May 2023
- The Excitement To See Sunny Leone At Cannes Is Unreal
- LaVaste Movie Unveils Its Gripping Trailer : A Thought-Provoking Film on Unclaimed Dead Bodies
- Enjoyed Saas Bahu Aur Flamingo? Check Out 5 Gripping Crime OTT and Audio Series That Will Keep You on the Edge of Your Seat!