- Wynk Rewind 2022 covers Personalised user experience tool features top artist, albums, songs, playlists heard by listeners
- Telugu, Tamil and Kannada music fast gaining popularity while Hindi and English music recording stable growth
Wynk Music, India’s number 1 music streaming app by downloads and daily active users today introduced Wynk Rewind, a personalized user experience which features top artists, albums, songs, playlists, heard by the listeners during the year. In addition, Wynk also released its top lists for India and across the states highlighting top songs, albums, playlists, as well as most streamed artist on the platform.
Wynk Rewind, curated playlist will be integrated with social media platforms and easy to share with friends and family. The app will create over 100 million personalized lists customized to every listener who has streamed a minimum of 20 songs on Wynk in 2022.
Speaking on the launch of Wynk Rewind, Adarsh Nair, CEO – Airtel Digital said,
“We are delighted to introduce Wynk Rewind to our customers. As one of India’s leading music streaming platforms we have had a ring side view of what India is listening to. With Rewind, we have captured the mood of the listeners at various time in the year and brought user insights together to encourage transparency for the artists who now know, where their songs were played and the journey of their top songs. Wynk is committed to leverage technology to enable independent and regional music artists across languages to showcase their music to India and the World.“
Wynk Rewind – Highlights from 2022
- Languages – Regional musicshare up from 38% to 54% driven by rising interest in Telugu, Kannada and Tamil Language music. Hindi and English music share stable
- Top 3 songs –
- Top Global Album – Proof by BTS
- Most Popular Indian Artist, Independent – Aditya A, Chand Baliyan
- No. of independent artist on platform – 303, up 200%from August 2022 when Wynk Studio was launched
- Songs made by independent artists on the platform – 515
- Top Genres – Indian Pop ceded space to World music
- Average hours spent on the platform per month – 110 with a daily average of 3.8 hours
In 2022, Wynk launched ‘Wynk Studio’, India’s largest music distribution ecosystem for independent artists. The studio has signed up more than 300 artists on the platform from India, Singapore and the US with over 500 published songs. Music created by these independent artists is getting recognized with Pratik Gandhi’s “Mashoor Banegi” featuring amongst Top 200 songs streamed on Wynk in 2022.
Wynk in 2022 expanded accessibility across platforms enabling users to listen to their favourite songs on Android Drive Mode, Android Auto, SIRI, Apple Car Play, Google Nest, Apple Watch, and Google Assistant. Wynk also announced strategic partnership with WMG, Facebook, Snapchat and Rapido which has improved portfolio of songs as well as access.
The Wynk Music journey:
- Sept 2014: Launched in India; crosses 1 lakh downloads in 4 days
- Feb 2015: Crosses 5 million app downloads
- June 2015: Launches Data Save Mode
- Nov 2015: Crosses 12 million installs
- Jan 2016: Introduces MP3 Player Function- Plays Local MP3 file
- Mar 2017: Crosses 50 million installs
- Jan 2018: Crosses 75 million install
- Dec 2018: Voted India’s most entertaining app on Playstore
- Jan 2019: Crosses 100 million installs
- Aug 2022: Launched Wynk Studio
- Aditi Rao Hydari wins Most Beautiful Face of the Year
- Ritabhari Chakraborty’s Recent Fashion Outing Gave Us The Perfect WOW Wednesday Moment!
- Avak Films in association with Randeep Hooda Films & Jelly Bean Entertainment presents Laal Rang 2
- Ek Ladki fame actress Ruchi Gujjar in black outfit robbed our hearts
- Shochiku opens Last Film Show with a bang in Cinemas across Japan